During everyday engine operation, blow-by gases, as well as oil vapor from the engines rotating assembly, pass through the PCV valve and are routed into the intake for the engine to burn off. Before ever making it into the cylinders, some of that oil mist and other contaminates adhere to the backside of the hot intake valves. Over time a thick crust forms significantly reducing performance and potentially leading to a costly cleaning or repair. This is especially a problem for the 2.0L motor because, there’s no fuel (Direct Injection) passing over the valves to wash and keep them clean. This is why an OCC is a must have for any Mazda SkyActiv motor.
As the PCV gases enter the catch can a pressure drop occurs. The oil then begins to fall out of suspension as it flows through a series of 3 perforated filter plates. As the gases flow through the plates, the oil sticks and the gas is all that reaches the outlet at the top of the catch can. Oil that accumulates on the filter plates runs off and is collected in the bottom.
The catch can is conveniently mounted in the engine bay on the passenger side of the engine. The large 5/8″ drain hose and easy to operate drain valve make emptying the catch can a breeze at each oil change.
- 2016 Mazda MX5 2.0L SkyActiv Engine
- Designed and Manufactured in the USA
- Entirely constructed out of 6061 aluminum
- Precision TIG welding of all components
- Zero maintenance required (aside from draining)
- Large 5/8″ easily operated drain valve
- 1 Oil catch can
- 101″ of 3/8″ polyester reinforced oil, fuel and chemical resistant hose
- 1 Drain valve
- 20″ of 5/8″ polyester reinforced oil, fuel and chemical resistant hose
- 4 zip ties
- 2 1/4″-20 X 1/2″ stainless steel bolts
- 2 1/4″-20 Nylon insert lock nuts
- 1 3/8″-16 x 1/2″ hex Bolt
- 1 3/8″ lock washer
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Installation instructions are available in our support section
- Shipping is free in the US & our Hassle Free Lifetime Warranty is included
All the products shown above are available in our online catalog. For more information and to purchase, please visit our website.